What is personal data?
Have a cookie
Should a lawyer write it?
How GDPR affects you
Your nominated data controller
Who you are
The type of information you collect
The legal basis of processing
How long data will be stored
Are you sharing personal data?
Data subject rights
- The right to be informed. You need to keep people informed about what data you're collecting, what you intend to do with it and why. You also need to inform people about how long you will keep hold of their personal data and who it will be shared with.
- The right of rectification. If a company holds inaccurate personal data on an individual, then they have the right to ask the company to correct that data.
- The right to be forgotten. People can ask that a company erases their personal data. This is usually under certain circumstances, for example if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which the company originally collected or processed it for.
- The right of portability. People can ask that their personal data is transferred to another organisation or service.
- The right to restrict processing. Individuals can restrict or limit how their personal data is used.
- The right to object. If an individual is unhappy with how any of their personal data is being processed, they have the right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. Article 22 (1) of GDPR says that “The data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.” If an individual believes that their data is being processed unlawfully, then they can ask businesses for a copy of their automated processing activities.
Do you link to external sites?
Right to complain
Changes to policy
You might also like
Weekly Timesheet For Working Hours Template
Keep track of your working hours using our free, downloadable timesheet template. ...
Pitch Deck Template
We unpack what makes the perfect pitch deck to present to investors, with a free downloadable template for you to use to create your own. ...
Join us in creating the new age of accounting.
Simple language, simple software, so that you can spend less time dealing with admin and more time focusing on what really matters.